Bookings and Deposits
- We will hold a provisional booking for up to 4 weeks from the date of booking. If a deposit has not been received within this 4 week period we may cancel your booking without notice. A deposit is a non returnable booking fee that is deducted from your final balance. In the event of cancellation by the customer it is non-returnable. By paying a deposit you are accepting the terms and conditions as laid out here.
- In the even of a booking being cancelled at led than 60 days notice, or in the event of non-arrival, Belchamps reserves the right to charge the full price for the facilities booked.
- In the event of cancellation the falling charges apply:
a. More than 60 days before event – Loss of deposit.
b. 60 – 31 days before date of event – 50% of total cost.
c. 30 – 8 days before date of event – 75% of total cost.
d. 7 – 1 days before or no show – 100% of total cost.
- Cancellation must be made in writing or by e-mailing to Belchamps Scout Centre with the date of deliver being deemed the date of notification. The percentages listed above relate to the total cost of the booking. However the deposit will be forfeited on full in the even if it should be more that the subsequent total due. We suggest you may want to arrange your own cancellation insurance particularly for large bookings.
- Charges and prices are subject to change. Please check with Guest Services for up to date price information. Prices are normally only reviewed and changed annually on the 1st January.
- Please note all evening visits must be paid for in full at least 1 week in advance.
- Activities booked in advance will be charged in full if the group fails to turn up.
- Belchamps reserves the right to cancel, alter or delay any camp or activity where forced to do so by circumstances beyond our control, such as illness, weather or any situation that we believe would put participants or employees in danger. This may be done with little or no notice.
- Groups hiring indoor accommodation are asked to note that no bedding or cleaning consumables are providing in the buildings.
- Buildings should be left in the same condition they were on arrival. All buildings are inspected after your departure, if the building is left in such a way that requires additional cleaning to return it to the same condition as it was on arrival a charge (£25) may be added to your booking.
- We reserve the right to charge groups for any damage to buildings or for any damaged or missing equipment. The cost of this will be the cost of a replacement.
- All buildings are no smoking.
- We do not provide first aid kits in any of our buildings.
- Please do not dig pits at Belchamps. All rubbish can be deposed of or recycled in the bin area by the entrance to the campsite.
- Please ensure that no little or equipment is left behind after you depart.
- Ground fires are not allowed except on the back-to-basics sites. Please ensure all fires are on the purpose-built concrete fire blocks or in a alter fire which are available from reception.
- Please use the metal bins and shovels provided in the bin area to dispose of ash. Please do not place hot ash in the bins and please do not dispose of the ash in the bushes or hedges.
- Firewood is available from our well stocked wood piles. Please use it conservatively and return any unused wood to the woodpile.
- Whilst we endeavour to allocate groups the campsite they have requested we reserve the right to offer an alternative site of conditions so indicate.
- Responsibility for the supervision and welfare of groups remains with the responsible adult (camp leader) as notified on the booking form.
- All participants are the responsibility of the visiting camp leader and they are responsible for the behaviour of their party.
- The responsible leader (camp leader) is responsible for the welfare of their group.
- Belchamps instructors are responsible for the safe and clear delivery of activities and their decision is final on all matters regarding the operation of activities.
- Please ensure no participants or visitors pass thorough other groups campsites.
- The speed limit on site is 5 mph.
- Vehicles are not generally allowed on site. Vehicles may be permitted onsite to unload if they contain group equipment. Please do not allow parents to drive on to site, please direct them to our car park.
- All group leaders must report their arrival to reception.
- Please ensure that the language and behaviour of your group is not foul or offensive and is a appropriate to a Scout Campsite.
- Please observe the noise curfew between 10.30pm and 7.30pm.
- At times Belchamps may take photographs, videos or use other recorded media for marketing and advertising. If you are not happy to feature in this media please make yourself known to reception or to the member of staff recording the media.
- Generally we do not allow amplified music or generators. Please seek the permission of Guest Services before using this equipment. Requests to turn this equipment off or down by Belchamps staff must to followed immediately.
- Anyone deemed to be under the influence of alcohol, not cooperating with the session instructor or to be causing a dangerous situation during an activity will be asked to leave. Refusal will result in the activity session being stopped and cancelled without refund. Anyone deemed to be under the influence of alcohol and being a risk to others on site will be asked to leave the site immediately.
- All group leaders must ensure that every adult (over 18) has followed the checking procedure as laid out by their organisation and has been deemed suitable to work with children. The Scout Association yellow card rules apply at all times. Please contact Guest Services for a copy.
- If you have any complaints please notify us as soon as possible in order that we can find a satisfactory solution. In the event that you are not satisfied with the solution please write to the Centre Manager within 7 days of the event.
- Failure to comply with the above terms and conditions, failing to follow our code of conduct, aggressive or noisy behaviour may result in your group being removed from the campsite with immediate effect, whatever time of day.
- The use of drones or UAVs is not permitted on site. Suitable locations can be found nearby at Clements Hall or Cherry Orchard Way.
Failure to comply with the above terms and conditions, aggressive or noisy behaviour may result in your group being removed from the campsite with immediate effect whatever the time of day. The local police will support us in this action.
Winter October to April: Monday to Thursday
Summer May to September:
Monday to Friday
Saturday and Sunday
Tel: 01702 562690