Make a difference : Be the Belchamps Secretary
" We are looking for someone to become our Secretary, the tasks are mainly taking and distributing minutes that are taken at our Management Committee meetings every 2 months
Belchamps Secretary Outline: The Secretary will provide will provide administration, support and information to the Trustees and ManagementCommittee for Belchamps Scout Centre, in accordance with the Policy, Organisation and Rules of The Scout Association. Responsible to: The four owner districts.
Must successfully complete the appointment process (including acceptable personal enquiries and acceptance of The Scout Association's policies).
The Responsibilities of the Secretary:
- Provide administrative support to the running of the Executive Committee.
- Act as Secretary for Belchamps Scout Centre.
- Work with the Chair of the Management committee to set meeting agendas and arrange meeting logistics for the Executive Committee.
- Taking accurate and accessible minutes of Management Committee meetings.
- Distributing agendas, minutes and supporting documents for Management Committee meetings.
- Maintaining accurate records for the administration of the management Committee; including meeting minutes, census details, ownership of property and equipment, insurance and financial information.
- Ensuring the safety and security of records maintained by the Management Committee, complying with appropriate legal requirements. Communicating with the Executive Committee and relevant Scout Council.
- Preparing the appropriate administration for the and to be a full and active participant in management Committee meetings and activities.
Skill for a Secretary
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to think creatively and solve problems
- Good IT skills
- Ability to summarise information for different audiences
- Willing to speak one’s mind and listen to the views of others.
Able to maintain independent and objective judgement
If you are interested in applying, could you contact the Chairman; Ken Woodall by email :chairman@Belchamps.org.uk or through Belchamps."